Friday, September 21, 2012

Livin' the Domestic life

I have never been one who enjoys cooking or most of the things that come with being a stay at home mom/homemaker. I love being outside, working with my hands, playing in the dirt, etc. 

I am starting to enjoy the domestic lifestyle. I canned for the first time by myself. The church farm in Caldwell has amazing fruit and it's all .25/lb. I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was. I found a few recipes on Pinterest that I thought our family would enjoy and I just did it. I actually really enjoyed it. There is something about seeing your kids and husband eat what you have made/canned and enjoy it. I was so proud of myself and I am starting to feel like I can pretty much do anything, as long as I have a recipe or instructions. :) 

What I canned:

Apple butter

Applesauce 

Apple pie filling

What I Froze:

Peaches in sauce

Pinterest is so dang amazing. I love the inspiration I get from it. THANK YOU to whomever invented it. My husband thanks you too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment