Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our little man is here








Although my doctor said it was very unlikely, I developed preeclampsia around 37 weeks once again. It luckily didn't get as bad this time, but I still felt the effects. Starting the week before I delivered I developed a horrible headache (dr's call this the preeclampsia headache). It felt like a migraine and it lasted until I entered the hospital and they could give me medication. My blood pressure was high, about 150/102 for a steady 4 days. I was put on bed rest for the weekend and we scheduled an appointment for Monday the 28th of March. I woke up Monday and felt worse. We made the long trip to Sacred Heart in Spokane and after checking my urine, blood and bp my doctor decided I didn't need to go any longer. I delivered Ronan Miles Winder at 6:56 pm that night. I was on Magnesium for 24 hours to make sure that I didn't have any seizures. That definitely made me feel weird. I was so hot and felt incredibly lethargic. I was glad to be done with that.

Ronan was 8 lbs 4 oz and 21 in long. At about 2 1/2 weeks early he was a big boy.

It's been a week and 2 days since my cesarean and I feel amazing! I cannot believe how quickly I have recovered. I rarely have any pain at all. I just have to remember that even though I feel great, I still need to take it easy and not do too much.

Ronan is a sleeping champ. He sleeps about 3-4 hours at a time and is getting better at nursing everyday. We have an appointment to get him circumcised. I am a bit nervous; I just don't know what to expect.

Having two children is going pretty well. I have had a lot of help, but I think it's going to be doable! Ty and I are living with my parents for a few months until we head to Boise to school. Thank goodness we finished moving the weekend before Ronan was born.

We are so blessed to have two beautiful healthy babies. Zoe loves her little brother. Every time she sees him she either smiles or giggles. She wants to touch him all the time. She is starting to understand what "be soft" means. I have to say it every time she tries to touch him. I never thought I would have children 1 year and 11 days apart, but I am loving every minute of it.

4 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

good luck on the circumsision. if you can ask if they will do the ring. we had to get Bridger's done TWICE...yeah it was AWFUL! But the ring was so so much better! And I am SO SO Glad that you are have a great recovery. I was the same way after my second C Section...i actually felt really good even 4 days later and I picked up cambree not even thinking about it and my mom and mother in law about died from screaming at me to Put her down! OOPS. But when you feel good you forget! he is such a cutie!

Alyson said...

Awwww!! I had my kiddos at Sacred Heart too. I loved Sacred Heart. So glad you are recovering well and that your kiddos are both doing well too! I couldn't imagine having children so close together, but I bet it will be pretty awesome for them to be so close together come school. You're so lucky you have a boy AND a girl! I'm hoping that next time maybe we'll get our girl! Lol. Congrats Winder family!!

Noriko Anderson said...

Congrats! he is adorable! I can't believe how big he was... Ethan was 8.4 so i know how that is... but seriously congrats. I'm so happy for you guys. I'm glad you are feeling good too!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I am glad it all ended up well. I would definitely say the second time around is easier only because you know what to expect.

The circumcision is pretty easy. They really only cry when they get their little legs strapped down and then they are numb for the whole thing. Our little guy seemed totally fine less then 24 hours afterward.

Hope he continues to sleep good. Lots of love! He is very cute!!!

Post a Comment